Mission

Founded in 2008, Love Bug Bundles strives to support mothers in need and make each newborn's introduction to the world one complete with basic necessities that promote safety and well-being. Our programs improve outcomes for these families by providing education and resources that help alleviate the stress of poverty and prevent family crisis.

Love Bug Bundles is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.

In Texas, 25% of children live in poverty.
In Texas, 1 in 10 children lives in extreme poverty.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Out of the Blue

When I founded Love Bug, I was not sure if my mission would be shared by all. Yet, although I have encountered a few naysayers, I have been overwhelmed by supporters. Today, I was especially touched by a package I received. Out of the blue, a friend sent a big box filled to the brim with brand new receiving blankets and onesies. I am so deeply touched and so greatly encouraged by her generosity.

So many of you think of Love Bug when you are in the store and see a clearance section full of baby items. I truly and deeply appreciate every little item you give. It means the world to the mothers and their babies.

Partnering with the Community Doula Program, we have been able to accomplish great things, including delivering 95 bundles in less than six months. Thanks to the ongoing support of so many wonderful people, I have hope that we can do even more in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment